disproportionate bus journey times.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: disproportionate bus journey times.

Post by southbucks3 »

Moon unit wrote:My DS lives two miles from his school which starts at 8.30 but leaves the house for the eight min walk to the bus stop at 7.15. The bus stops outside the school door.
All the local boys aim for the same bus so there is no chance of being late. Not sure what time he arrives exactly but according to his canteen bill a bacon butty is consumed and there is still plenty of stress free time to get organised for the day.

Love it.....what a great start to each day! :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

southbucks3 wrote:
Moon unit wrote:My DS lives two miles from his school which starts at 8.30 but leaves the house for the eight min walk to the bus stop at 7.15. The bus stops outside the school door.
All the local boys aim for the same bus so there is no chance of being late. Not sure what time he arrives exactly but according to his canteen bill a bacon butty is consumed and there is still plenty of stress free time to get organised for the day.

Love it.....what a great start to each day! :D
DS2 leaves the house at the same time, same distance to school and start time, but for him, the library is the lure, either to do homework or to further hone his Scratch skills.

(He probably wouldn't say no if the caterers decided to set up a bacon butty delivery service, however :lol: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I'm not sure either of my boys have ever voluntarily attended the library...even when a library book is out of date they seem to prefer paying the small fine to wait to return it in a reading lesson!! :shock:

However, the canteen for grub, the quad for a blast around with mates and the gym for a work out are current favourites. I do sometimes wonder if my boys are the cuckoos in the great grammar school nest...
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I'm not sure either of my boys have ever voluntarily attended the library...even when a library book is out of date they seem to prefer paying the small fine to wait to return it in a reading lesson!! :shock:

However, the canteen for grub, the quad for a blast around with mates and the gym for a work out are current favourites. I do sometimes wonder if my boys are the cuckoos in the great grammar school nest...
I was going to say this sounds like a hoot.But to be correct it sounds coo coo. :wink:
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Schools have libraries? Someone tell scary sons 1 & 2 :roll:
scary mum
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

scary mum wrote:Schools have libraries? Someone tell scary sons 1 & 2 :roll:
And my Ds! I suggested he did some homework in the library one lunch and a look of confusion crossed his face - apparently it was not possible as he had to go to the field with his friends ...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Back on topic ... Bucks does not have many dual carriageways and has lots of villages so buses have to use the 'better' B roads which means the journeys are not as direct as they could be.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Harsh parent that I am mine would have to walk if the school was that close :wink: Three of them do anyway despite it being pretty much uphill on the homeward journey, keeps them fit and frankly can't afford any more bus bills.

The bus actually leaves at a sensible time in the morning, think around 8ish, hence my puzzlement. DH has since informed me that for some reason it leaves the first school late on the homeward trip.

G55 makes a good point, the journey from his school does incorporate a couple of villages but it was the timings of the first bit I could never understand pre enlightenment by DH.