Revised allocation distances...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Marylou

Revised allocation distances...

Post by Marylou »

...from the second round are here: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/3110612 ... l-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marylou
jabba7

Re: Revised allocation distances...

Post by jabba7 »

My DS is going to GS so I don't really have the same argument as others but RGS is going to 21 miles!! Really are people sending their children 21 miles to school :shock:

That's almost into the centre of London from RGS :cry:

What is going on?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

jabba7 wrote:My DS is going to GS so I don't really have the same argument as others but RGS is going to 21 miles!! Really are people sending their children 21 miles to school :shock:

That's almost into the centre of London from RGS :cry:

What is going on?
Yes they are - some of the journeys have been threads on here. It is totally mad as they can't be involved in any after school clubs or teams ... isn't that a part of being at school?
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes. But I just found out that the grammar my DC will go to does not have any after school clubs. They are all in the lunch hour. This is not RGS ---- but it was a Sunday Times school of the year recently.

Maybe RGS does it the same way. I'm not keen on this method particularly but I suppose it solves a journey and late day problem.

Sometimes though journey length is a false way to look at things. 21 miles on a fast train can be a much shorter journey time than 7 miles, for example, on a local bus.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's not near the train station - the school is up a steep hill quite a trek away ...

All matches will be after school and so will concerts. Just think about going to Parents evenings and other events - it all mounts up.
Lillie

Post by Lillie »

What does "all applicants offered" mean in terms of distance? Could they be living even further than distances in the first round?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Yes, it means that everyone who applied for a place got one - for some it will not be their first choice. You could be anywhere in the country!
scary mum
Y

Post by Y »

RGS has a late long morning break which many use to eat their lunch. That leaves lunch time free for clubs. There are definitely also activities after school, however.