No 11+ talk/presentation from primary school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lillie

Re: No 11+ talk/presentation from primary school

Post by Lillie »

There really shouldn't be a county-wide state school selection of children for secondary schools, if the primary school heads (and teachers for that matter) are not all singing from the same hymn sheet and giving similar levels of support. The process is just so inherently unfair and the attitudes of some schools / heads does nothing to support their children.

I guess a large number of teachers are understandably not in favour of selection. I completely understand that and respect their views. However, the Bucks secondary education process is what it is and sadly is unlikely to change. Somehow there should be much greater direction / monitoring of primary schools to try to support children going into this test with much greater information and support. And teachers / heads who really feel they can't participate in the process should question whether they should work in a Bucks school.

(I'm not in favour of selection either but we just have to live with what we've got and try to make the process fairer for everyone and it clearly isn't right now).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now