Lives too far Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Letsdoit

Lives too far Bucks

Post by Letsdoit »

Thanks for all the valuable information. Just looked at the distance places got offered.Everything is well under 20 miles for al the GS that means there is no point of giving even exams because we are in HA3 8QG ( Harrow) which is more than 23miles away .

Suggestions Please.
scary mum

Re: Lives too far Bucks

Post by scary mum »

Look at local schools? Or are you thinking of moving?? In which case look at this thread:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =5&t=42555" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Letsdoit wrote:Thanks for all the valuable information. Just looked at the distance places got offered.Everything is well under 20 miles for al the GS that means there is no point of giving even exams because we are in HA3 8QG ( Harrow) which is more than 23miles away .

Suggestions Please.
Move now into the area around the Bucks grammar that you fancy and hope that if your DC fails the 11+, the associated upper school(s) is/are at least no worse than your local comprehensives in Harrow are. I know that a former colleague - an academic - just sent her boys to their catchment school in Wembley, so either she really hates her kids or the local schools aren't necessarily all that bad? Her elder one, being a late August baby, was doomed to failure by the system wherever he went, of course, but that's a whole other thread.

Or don't move, send your child to school locally.

Or put your DC in for the QE / HBS exam and if they get in, either move or let him / her join the traipse across North London and back each day. If you were hoping to get a school place in Bucks, perhaps travel isn't such an issue?

Or go independent?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Rags

Post by Rags »

ToadMum wrote:...Her elder one, being a late August baby, was doomed to failure by the system wherever he went, of course, but that's a whole other thread...
<Derail Warning>
Umm .. my August 31st child seems to be doing just fine, in his GS of choice ... and (get this) - he's not the youngest in his class!
</Derail Warning>
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Rags wrote:
ToadMum wrote:...Her elder one, being a late August baby, was doomed to failure by the system wherever he went, of course, but that's a whole other thread...
<Derail Warning>
Umm .. my August 31st child seems to be doing just fine, in his GS of choice ... and (get this) - he's not the youngest in his class!
</Derail Warning>
Of the people I know who have a PhD, two at least have August birthdays, one mid and the other the end of the month . I can assure you that my comment was made with tongue firmly in cheek :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Rags

Post by Rags »

ToadMum wrote:Of the people I know who have a PhD, two at least have August birthdays, one mid and the other the end of the month . I can assure you that my comment was made with tongue firmly in cheek :lol:
I shall tell my son that. He will then complain about my unreasonable expectations! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now