Open Days for 2016 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Re: Open Days for 2016 entry

Post by Guest55 »

Any school that refuses a tour in school time should be avoided imho - what are they hiding?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I don't think they are hiding anything, just don't want parents and little ones mixed up in the lesson changeover stampede.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I would prefer to do day visits after results but how do you know which schools do them?

We are fairly decided on where DC will go either way. One does the daytime tours and the other I know is happy to accommodate requests but I was hoping they would do an organised day as I am more comfortable with that. Not sure what the third school does but do think it needs to be seen if only because travel there will be easier and need to check out the rugby.

Also as an aside do the 6th form open days happen before you have to fill in CAF for y7?

P.s re refusal to allow tours, I have heard of one that used to refuse (not Bucks) and instinctively felt it was too full of its own importance. I suppose it would have argued that it was just so popular that it would be way too disruptive. However these are state schools, we are encouraged to make a choice and we pay for them through taxes so they should all accommodate us. particularly as most seem to have a member of staff that we are paying to deal with admissions.
Last edited by Tolstoy on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If they are not listed on this then I think you need to phone and ask.

Sixth form open evenings tend to start in November but you'd need to check websites in September.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thanks, couldn't find 6th form info so thought they must be later which is a bit of a shame. Will try and get some info before term ends.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now