Apology

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Eccentric

Re: Apology

Post by Eccentric »

Thank you all for your supportive words, it is much appreciated. I will keep you all posted as to how Dd gets on when she starts Katagirl, I wish your daughter a brilliant new start too.
Kata girl

Post by Kata girl »

Thanks Eccentric it will be good to share how they get on and may give potential 12 plusers hope ....
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Absolutely. It is not just about the gruelling journey but also having the confidence to put your child through it and the confidence that they are up to it (despite strong evidence to show academic ability.) I remember your posts while we were waiting for the results Katagirl so I know that you felt something similar. The wait for the appeal was not so bad, I somehow knew that I had been successful in one at least, it went so well, that I would have been very surprised had it not been. I was on the other hand surprised that the other appeal was so different despite the same evidence. I had no other options until 13+ and when your child is unhappy that is hard.
Just in case anyone else reads this who does not, or did not get through an appeal. I also looked at bursaries for independent schools. I e-mailed round asking what was available and I was pleasantly surprised, not only by how much is out there but also by the kind attitude of the schools. 11+ and 13+ are the ages to go for them. So for those who think your DC's may not get through the 11 or 12+ this is definitely an option, they are not all based on academic achievement, but potential and motivation, as well as income. Scholarships are different and aren't usually worth much just a few hundred pounds. The process is to start off by applying just as you would have to for normal entrance to the school, then when and if you child gains entry you apply for a bursary. The less academic schools offer them too and entrance to many of those is not reliant on passing the entrance exams, it includes interview and other criteria.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Congratulations enjoy the rest of the summer stress free. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now