Bucks 11+ test 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daffy

Re: Bucks 11+ test 2015

Post by Daffy »

Is anyone doing any work tomorrow? What is the best advice, some work, carry on working till the end, or no work?
MrsH173015

Post by MrsH173015 »

We did work right up til tonight, but no work tomorrow here. Just an early night.
bgh

Post by bgh »

In our school, the children were given two pencils and a rubber each. I actually wanted to give our own pencils and rubber but apparently no chance... It was useful for my DD to check the location of the clock and I think it was definitely helpful to have sat in the environment where they will take the actual test.

Tonight I thought we won't do any work except maybe just talk about the meaning of a few words or stuff like that. Then take the dog for a walk before an early night. Special breakfast tomorrow 'synonym rolls'.

I'm just looking forward to getting it over with and then I can get on with dreading the results, :lol:

Wishing so much peace and luck to everyone tomorrow!
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi all,
Good luck to everyone taking their test tomorrow.

Practice test was ok according to dd.

We have worked hard so hope test is ok on Thursday and there's no nasty surprises. I know 3d shapes didn't come up in last two years ... got funny feeling they might come up this year..... I hate them but feel dd has grasped concept.

Third time round for us.... but just as nervous. last year sat and prayed till 12pm while kids were doing their test .... :lol: needed to get through the morning. :lol:

Probably do same tomorrow :)

Good Luck again... Will try and chill tonight ....early night for dd.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Practice ground to a halt once DC returned to school if I'm honest. Pointed out a few interesting words during bedtime reading and still doing a bit of memrise, noted tables were a bit iffy last week. This ones more nervous than the others were so keeping it low key.
mumof4

Post by mumof4 »

Noticed at the top of this topic the moderators have asked that any information regarding 2015 test be PM to only themselves as custodians of this information until an appropriate time when it can be shared. This is totally understandable as it would be unfair to give late sitters an advantage.
However I do remember a smiliar post before the 2014 test and was wondering when the time would be appropriate to share this information, especially for those DIYers who don't have access to a tutor. It would be really helpful to know of any new words that came up or information regarding the types of maths questions.
duffymoon

Post by duffymoon »

Third and final time for us - thank goodness - still as nervous this time round, especially with this new format of test !

DC has worked really hard for this and deserves to do well - just hope it all goes ok on the day. DC seems pretty relaxed at the moment so hope they still are tomorrow morning.

Will probably get DC to revisit just a few of the tricky vocab tonight and early to bed.

Good luck to everyone and their DC's tomorrow.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

mumof4 wrote:However I do remember a smiliar post before the 2014 test and was wondering when the time would be appropriate to share this information, especially for those DIYers who don't have access to a tutor. It would be really helpful to know of any new words that came up or information regarding the types of maths questions.
I'm afraid the same test is reused until as late as July next year, so it would be inappropriate to share any details publicly before then. :(
mumof4

Post by mumof4 »

Hi Sally Anne,
really confused as to why the 2014 test would be of use after tomorrow. Surely all the children who sat the 2014 test are now in year 7 and I assume after this point any prospective student needs to do the late transfer test. Also why would they give a test designed for a year 6 child to a child a child in year 7, surely they would use something more appropriate?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

mumof4 wrote:Hi Sally Anne,
really confused as to why the 2014 test would be of use after tomorrow. Surely all the children who sat the 2014 test are now in year 7 and I assume after this point any prospective student needs to do the late transfer test. Also why would they give a test designed for a year 6 child to a child a child in year 7, surely they would use something more appropriate?
Sorry, I read your post assuming you were still talking about the 2015 paper.

There is no harm in discussing the content of the 2014 paper now, although I don't have any information about it personally.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now