Buckinghamshire Results????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PrincessPrabz

Buckinghamshire Results????

Post by PrincessPrabz »

Hi Has anyone received their Buckinghamshire results??

I have read 121 is the passmark but is this at all lenient? Or is it set in stone? Has anyone's child got in to a Buckinhamshire grammar with less than 121?

Thanks
Awesomeanshi

Re: Buckinghamshire Results????

Post by Awesomeanshi »

Yes a number of parents have posted the results in the Bucks Forum, best to check there............and yes 121 is the qualifying mark this year. Good luck to your DC.........
Rags

Post by Rags »

PrincessPrabz wrote: I have read 121 is the passmark but is this at all lenient? Or is it set in stone? Has anyone's child got in to a Buckinhamshire grammar with less than 121?
Depends what you mean by 'lenient'

Essentially, no - if you get 121 or more, qualified. 120 or less, not qualified.

However, there is a (convoluted, multi-path) review/appeals process which you can go down if you don't qualify. The closer to the magic 121, the better the chances of that being successful (strong correlation) - but sometimes a very close mark has not got in, where a lower one has.

Certainly a score in the high hundred-teens seems in the past to have had a reasonable chance, depending on HT assessment being favourable. But seemingly identical cases have had different outcomes in the past.

No guarantees, if 121 isn't reached.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

PrincessPrabz wrote:Hi Has anyone received their Buckinghamshire results??

I have read 121 is the passmark but is this at all lenient? Or is it set in stone? Has anyone's child got in to a Buckinhamshire grammar with less than 121?

Thanks
Below 121 you need to go to appeal. I'm guessing you aren't local, but you should probably read the many, many threads on this in the Buckinghamshire section.
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have locked this topic because, in the first instance, the most appropriate place to ask questions about qualification for Bucks is on this thread: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=44245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;