OOC admission

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anotherdad

Re: OOC admission

Post by anotherdad »

hermanmunster wrote:
anotherdad wrote:they'll have to impose an altitude catchment next.

"I live on the 17th floor of a block of flats and my child scored 138 on the test. Our neighbours on the 14th floor scored 127. What are the admission rules for xyz grammar school which is at sea level 14 miles away? Will we get a place because we have a better score?"

On second thoughts, it makes a good Pythagorean problem...
this is accounted for in the policies -
:roll: I should have known...
nervncalm

Post by nervncalm »

kittymum wrote:
nervncalm wrote:The letter I got (for OOC) had the STS score and a breakup of the same between Verbal, Numerical and Non-verbal. It also mentions the weight given to each of these.

My DD has scored very well, now time for me to check the OOC policies of the school. Will be a lot of reading over the weekend.
All Bucks policies are the same. If you have qualified and are OOC then it's distance - a score of 160 is no better then 121!!!
I appreciate your reply from the point of qualifying. What I meant is to find out what are the catchment rules for different schools and if there are any schools which offer places OOC or not. That will help me shortlist and order the school for CAF.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

There are allocation profiles produced each year which show how far out the offers go distance wise. Sally-Anne puts these on the forum and I will try to find them

ETA: found 'em http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=41421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onehundredeleven

Post by onehundredeleven »

This might help you, it shows a breakdown of how many children are in catchment and OOC for Bucks schools

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/3087285 ... pr-15-.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

That doesn't help - it's the distance that counts so see S-A's allocation profiles.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Guest55 wrote:That doesn't help - it's the distance that counts so see S-A's allocation profiles.
you're wasting your bold button...some people just won't accept facts.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 wrote:That doesn't help - it's the distance that counts so see S-A's allocation profiles.
I think it helps in a way, because it proves that there are plenty of kids from outside county at Bucks schools.

(Including "Other/Non-geocode". They're the ones on the moon. :wink: )
nervncalm

Post by nervncalm »

Brilliant, this should really help. I don't have access to dropbox from work will check it out in a bit!!

Thank you very much!!
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

anotherdad wrote:
scary mum wrote:121
:lol:
I do wonder why they don't just give a "you achieved a qualifying score but we don't tell you the score" for anything of 121 or over and the actual score if you don't qualify. It would save these questions coming up time and time again.
Have to say this is what I did with both my kids back in the day. Neither had any idea of their score, so they couldn't tell anyone. How very frustrating for all the other kids (and parents) who seemed desperate to know my children's scores. :lol:
onehundredeleven

Post by onehundredeleven »

Sally-Anne wrote:
I think it helps in a way, because it proves that there are plenty of kids from outside county at Bucks schools.

Which was the original question :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now