OOC admission

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kittymum

Re: OOC admission

Post by kittymum »

nervncalm wrote:The letter I got (for OOC) had the STS score and a breakup of the same between Verbal, Numerical and Non-verbal. It also mentions the weight given to each of these.

My DD has scored very well, now time for me to check the OOC policies of the school. Will be a lot of reading over the weekend.
All Bucks policies are the same. If you have qualified and are OOC then it's distance - a score of 160 is no better then 121!!!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

121. Still. For everyone, in or out of county, or even on the moon. Then distance.
scary mum
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

scary mum wrote:121. Still. For everyone, in or out of county, or even on the moon. Then distance.
Why are people still asking this question??
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

scary mum wrote:121. Still. For everyone, in or out of county, or even on the moon. Then distance.
:lol: :lol:
schlumpf

Post by schlumpf »

Is 'Moon' in or out of catchment?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

...it's definitely "distance"......!!!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

schlumpf wrote:Is 'Moon' in or out of catchment?
Well strictly speaking it is in every catchment so a great place to move to. :lol:
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

they'll have to impose an altitude catchment next.

"I live on the 17th floor of a block of flats and my child scored 138 on the test. Our neighbours on the 14th floor scored 127. What are the admission rules for xyz grammar school which is at sea level 14 miles away? Will we get a place because we have a better score?"

On second thoughts, it makes a good Pythagorean problem...
Last edited by anotherdad on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Tolstoy wrote:
schlumpf wrote:Is 'Moon' in or out of catchment?
Well strictly speaking it is in every catchment so a great place to move to. :lol:
And it is made of cheese, so good for Cheshire, Leicestershire and Gloucestershire grammar schools.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

anotherdad wrote:they'll have to impose an altitude catchment next.

"I live on the 17th floor of a block of flats and my child scored 138 on the test. Our neighbours on the 14th floor scored 127. What are the admission rules for xyz grammar school which is at sea level 14 miles away? Will we get a place because we have a better score?"

On second thoughts, it makes a good Pythagorean problem...
this is accounted for in the policies - eg from trafford school:
Distance will be calculated in a direct straight line from the child's permanent place of residence to the school, using property co-ordinates provided through a combination of the Trafford Local Land and Property Gazetteer (BS7666) and Royal Mail Postal Address Information. In the case of a child living in a block of flats the distance will be measured from the communal entrance of the building.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now