BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2015

Post by Sally-Anne »

The published BCC allocation profile for this year can be viewed here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b8i8f2lsisr7 ... 5.xls?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has also just been posted on the BCC website here: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... ol-places/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My summary spreadsheet for all schools for 2006 - 2015 (Wow! Is it that long ago?!) can be viewed here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvy4xyyg3t0zr ... .xlsx?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please note that the spreadsheet has three tabs:

- Grammar Schools
- Upper Schools
- Upper Schools with special entrance requirements (e.g. banding, faith, etc.)

The bottom line this year is as follows:

- All Bucks Grammars have allocated to every child resident in catchment, with the usual problematic exception of DCGS.

- The only Upper School that cannot presently admit all children resident in catchment is Great Marlow.
Guest55

Re: BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2015

Post by Guest55 »

Very interesting to see the popularity of the Floyd and CGS: very well deserved :D

I also am fascinated by the Upper schools allocation ...
WillowFae

Post by WillowFae »

Yes. We've been keeping an eye on it for a few years and I don't think that the Floyd has ever been harder to get into than AGS and AHS.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Guest55 wrote:Very interesting to see the popularity of the Floyd ... very well deserved :D
Great for the school, yes :) but not for us who are going to academic review ... typical, the first time having to do this process and the school at this stage showing full :( :roll:
Heartmum x x x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you are close to the school it could be OK as 'catchment school' is a good start for over-subscription. Also distances do tend to drift out as people change their minds, move, get their preferred GS ....
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Hmmmm GMS to 4 miles IN catchment and SWBGS to 11 miles OUT of catchment - how can the GS heads claim that the system is not failing Bucks children - very depressing
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

It is interesting about the uppers....is it possibly that more children in county are not achieving a GS place hence the shorter allocation distance as compared to the GS....Wycombe high 20miles!!! Crazy I wouldn't want to send my child on a lengthy journey everyday!!!! :? Dollyx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Dollydripmat wrote:It is interesting about the uppers....is it possibly that more children in county are not achieving a GS place hence the shorter allocation distance as compared to the GS....Wycombe high 20miles!!! Crazy I wouldn't want to send my child on a lengthy journey everyday!!!! :? Dollyx

That is 20 miles in a straight line so goodness knows how long the journey will be!
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Guest55 wrote:
Dollydripmat wrote:It is interesting about the uppers....is it possibly that more children in county are not achieving a GS place hence the shorter allocation distance as compared to the GS....Wycombe high 20miles!!! Crazy I wouldn't want to send my child on a lengthy journey everyday!!!! :? Dollyx

That is 20 miles in a straight line so goodness knows how long the journey will be!
Yes - to me it shows what you can see on the bar charts of scores for this year vs last year, and also in the sheer number of OOC entrants, the numbers must be skewing upwards to pass, which impacts on local kids (like mine! :roll: :roll: ). Less pass from in county, and the distances at allocation for GS's go up! Who in their right mind would apply to a school over 20miles away?!?!? That's like us applying from Taplow to central London (except that journey is potentially easier). Ludicrous!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Dollydripmat wrote:It is interesting about the uppers....is it possibly that more children in county are not achieving a GS place hence the shorter allocation distance as compared to the GS....Wycombe high 20miles!!!
Unfortunately, I think that is exactly what has happened. :(