Additional Year 7 Places at WHS January 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tolstoy

Re: Additional Year 7 Places at WHS January 2016

Post by Tolstoy »

Lillie wrote:
Tolstoy wrote:It must be very frustrating for local people who went to appeal and didn't get a place to now find them trying to fill empty places.
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:02 pm

I don't think this is about filling empty spaces but is the creation of new spaces, though I have no idea how many. It seems a very tight timetable though, so anyone interested in applying needs to contact admissions at WHS asap.
Can we assume then that all the appeals that were unsuccessful this yesr were down to poor academic evidence then?
Sally-Anne

Re: Additional Year 7 Places at WHS January 2016

Post by Sally-Anne »

Lillie wrote:I don't think this is about filling empty spaces but is the creation of new spaces, though I have no idea how many.
I think it probably is about filling empty spaces. The school increased its PAN to 192 last year but from BCC statistics published on 1st October, we know that there were only 186 girls in Y7, so 6 vacancies.

(For all we know, there could have been more girls leave since then because of the appalling journey times some of them were facing. 27 admissions were OoC this year.)

The information on the WHS website refers parents back to the school's Admissions Policy for the oversubscription criteria, and that is where the PAN of 192 is stated.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now