RLS entry on distance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mkdad101

RLS entry on distance

Post by mkdad101 »

My dc successfully passed the transfer test and we have put RLS as their 1st choice, however we are just beyond the distances that have successfully been allocated a place in previous years according to the allocation profile found on this site. I was discussing this with another parent at school and they mentioned they know of several other children in our area who got in to RLS, this puzzled me as according to the allocation profile from their year of entry they lived too far away. Is anyone aware of cases where children who were too far away according to the first round of allocations successfully appealing for a place? I should mention we are located inside the MK council boundary rather than Bucks C. C.
Last edited by mkdad101 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Guest55

Re: RLS entry on distance

Post by Guest55 »

Have you put other Bucks GS down? I'd certainly recommend putting SHFGS as well if you're looking at a mixed GS.

Very few get in on appeal (we can see that from the number in each year group) but these children may have siblings or have moved.
mkdad101

Re: RLS entry on distance

Post by mkdad101 »

We haven't put down another GS as from where we are located we felt they were all too far away to be practical for our DC to get to every day. RLS is just about as far as we would be happy with but unfortunately I think we will be just too far away looking at the previous allocation profiles. It would not be the end of the world as we are happy with our 2nd choice which is almost guaranteed, the reason for the question is mainly my own curiosity and to gauge if there is much chance of a place being allocated, it sounds like we will just miss out though!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now