Travelling to BGS from Ickeham,Hillingodn, Uxbridge

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ndain

Travelling to BGS from Ickeham,Hillingodn, Uxbridge

Post by Ndain »

Hi All,

I have a daughter in year 8 in BGS and am looking for better commuting be it a private bus/parents etc. hear some buses leave from Denham etc.

Please if you know any. please indicate as am really tired of the cumbersome commuting.
Thanks
anotherdad

Re: Travelling to BGS from Ickeham,Hillingodn, Uxbridge

Post by anotherdad »

Have you considered moving your daughter to a closer school? You are really tired of the commuting just a year and a term in, with six more years to come. Finding a private bus or car share won't make the journey any shorter for your daughter, and if you're tired of the commute, I would expect a 12/13 year old with a full school day and homework to come after a long return journey to be exhausted by the end of the week. It's tough to expect a child to give their best and enjoy school with that regime.

There are quite a few children at my child's school leaving in year 7 because they've not been able to deal with what was always going to be an unrealistic journey.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You probably won't get a great deal of sympathy on here I'm afraid but have you looked at the school bus routes to see if there is one from Denham? It would still be a 20 minute drive to there though and the buses take a long time from places further from school. A closer school might be a better option.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Or move to somewhere more convenient for the school and shoulder the commute yourself rather than burden your child with it?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MCMneC

Post by MCMneC »

Hi. I have a colleague whose son goes to BGS and lives in Hillingdon. I know she drops him off and he picks up a school bus. Will speak to her and let you know.
dubbo74

Post by dubbo74 »

hi, if you can update me too please as I am looking for car share to Burnham from this area too thx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now