Travel to RGS,high wycombe from Maidenhead

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
coolmom

Travel to RGS,high wycombe from Maidenhead

Post by coolmom »

Hiiii,

Do we have any transport from Maidenhead to RGS, High Wycombe?We are planning to send our send to RGS from Maidenhead. Could you please share some information regarding that.

Thanks
anotherdad

Re: Travel to RGS,high wycombe from Maidenhead

Post by anotherdad »

Have you tried Google?

I've had a quick look for you, there are several options, all of which involve a 80-90 minute journey using one train and two buses, plus whatever you need to do to get from home to the railway station at 7am. Then repeat it all in reverse, sometimes on cold, dark and wet evenings. Not really a sensible journey to take every day for seven years.

Do you have a place or are you expecting to be granted a place? Only six months ago you were asking about travel options in Essex?
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Apple Coaches run a dedicated school bus from Maidenhead.

http://www.appletravel.co.uk/?page_id=381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I can see a bus to JHGS but RGS is on the other side of Wycombe ... it's not a journey I'd inflict on a child.
trudie

Post by trudie »

That is a hideous journey. In my opinion, the school just isn't worth that kind of burden - neither for children, nor parent.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I thought you had a DS who was starting at Westcliff this term? If you now have to move to the other side of London, could you not move to Marlow and do the commute yourself rather than make your DSdo the travelling? I understand from a family member and a friend who live there that Maidenhead is great, but have also seen Marlow described in a similar way on this forum :) .
ETA sorry, also led astray by someone's mention of Marlow :lol: However nice Marlow is, have no idea whether getting to High Wycombe from there is any easier than from Maidenhead. There must be some nice places to live in High Wycombe, though?
Last edited by ToadMum on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Guest55 wrote:I can see a bus to JHGS but RGS is on the other side of Wycombe ... it's not a journey I'd inflict on a child.
Ah - didn't spot that! Just the High Wycombe bit! Oops :roll: :roll:

If you have to move - why not to High Wycombe itself?
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am struggling to think of one area in Wycombe that is worth moving to :shock: :roll:
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

BucksBornNBred wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I am struggling to think of one area in Wycombe that is worth moving to :shock: :roll:

Really? Is it that bad?
OK then - Marlow :lol: :lol:
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Booklady wrote:
BucksBornNBred wrote:

Really? Is it that bad?
OK then - Marlow :lol: :lol:
Marlow isn't catchment for RGS - I believe Lane End is but still be a heck of a treck to get there!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now