Bucks Appeals forum really quiet this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tolstoy

Re: Bucks Appeals forum really quiet this year

Post by Tolstoy »

Well that's three of us and I suspect more will surfice as news good or bad comes in. We need to hear about the successful reviews for future reference and it may help with decisions on whether to continue on to appeal or not.

Goodluck all.
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

Good luck to everyone - I have to say for us (2 years ago) - finding out that the review was rejected was much, much more emotional than the initial exam failure as all his "failed" friends were passed at Review.

Fingers crossed for everyone - sending you good luck vibes.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Gosh that must have been hard BB22 especially as his success at 12+ shows how wrong they were.

All's well that end's well though and great that you got the right school in the end.
Hyacinth

Post by Hyacinth »

Good luck everyone. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow when I hear the letterbox. I can't help but be mindful of how I felt this time last year. Seems like a lifetime ago!

Fingers crossed.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We'll be here to support any disappointments :)
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Good luck everyone :-) We went to appeal not review and succeeded. Just had first parent/teacher meeting and DS is really doing well and able to keep up with the pace of learning (be warned: getting in on appeal made him think he wasn't able enough, but he is top (or second to) in a few classes apparently). So it is worth trying is what I am saying; if they are able, but messed up the 11+, it doesn't mean they can't make it at GS , which is what so many of the posters here worry about. I never regret giving my DC a second chance and he is (lazy as he can be with homework!!) able to make the most of the opportunity he has been given. Good luck at review and/or appeal :-)
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Well it was a no as I suspected it would be but DC has taken it on the chin rather well so hoping we can call it a day now. We are fortunate that we know he will be going to an excellent school and has the work ethos and ability to do well. Hope others had the news they were hoping for and if not can find a suitable back-up. :)
claire1108

Post by claire1108 »

So sorry to hear it was unsuccessful Tolstoy.

Pleased to say our selection review was successful. For the first time in months I feel like I can relax.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Very good to hear that Claire. I do think you had a very strong case and have got the right result. :)
Kata girl

Post by Kata girl »

Tolstoy mixed blessings - tough for DS - but as you say your preference is the excellent upper so not an issue for you and means you can draw a line now. Seems like DS is the sort of lad who is not afraid to try and see something through so good for him - sounds like he will make the best of his opportunities wherever they present. Good luck to him but I don't think he will need it...