Bucks Appeals forum really quiet this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BucksBornNBred

Bucks Appeals forum really quiet this year

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Does that mean most people expect to get the places they wanted? There was plenty of help on the forum last year, but this year... Bucks has been erased from the map!
Guest55

Re: Bucks Appeals forum really quiet this year

Post by Guest55 »

Appeals don't really get going now until people have heard back from the review or a place hasn't been allocated at the preferred school.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

I was thinking about appeals where you know DC hasn't passed the 11+, you skipped the review process and are trying to put together an appeal case - that doesn't wait until March but starts the second you decide not to go to review :-( Just seems quiet to me so hopefully that means everyone has had a satisfactory result... or they haven't found this site with its helpful advice.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I'm still here.

Clip, clop, clip clop ...
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

And your advice is invaluable so just keep plodding on :-) I just hope no-one needs it this year, but it still seems remarkably quiet in the appeal area ....
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Sally-Anne wrote:I'm still here.

Clip, clop, clip clop ...

Surely you mean:

Clip, (sparkle, Clop, Sparkle, Clip, Sparkle, ClopSparkle?!!!!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

BucksBornNBred wrote:And your advice is invaluable so just keep plodding on :-) I just hope no-one needs it this year, but it still seems remarkably quiet in the appeal area ....
I'm sure it will all liven up on March 1st. Along with lots of posts from people who have places but no idea what the school is like or how to get there :roll:
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Surely you mean:

Clip, (sparkle, Clop, Sparkle, Clip, Sparkle, ClopSparkle?!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No sparkly My Little Ponies in Bucks that I've ever spotted, kcg, nor Fairy Overseers or Leprechauns.

[In-joke from a lengthy and very funny thread on Birmingham http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=44380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

:D
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Some of us have our fingers so tightly crossed it makes it difficult to type :wink: I suspect that it will hot up after review results. We will want to find ways to get around the FCO bit to get a second bite at the cherry.

As an aside I thought the review results were out tomorrow and told Dc this (he wanted to know I was trying to forget) but now note they will be posted tomorrow. Any idea if the come first class?

DC has had a particulary bad start to the year as it is therefore would rather find out in private in advance (so much easier than that awful letter at the end of the day with DC sitting next to you business) and have the weekend to mop up the pieces if it doesn't go his way.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now