Reliable Mock Test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BB-8

Re: Reliable Mock Test?

Post by BB-8 »

We just picked up some results for flying start mocks. Has anyone else got previous years experience with regards to how the scoring relates to the real test. What sort of percentage should I be looking for. We seem to fluctuate a lot with results. Thank you for your help.
Rash

Post by Rash »

Hi I'm afraid I don't have the answer for you but would be interested in others reply:)
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Daffy wrote:How come we can say Flying Start but not *** Advertising Censored ***?
Hi
Would you mind sharing the name of the other tuition centre please?
Thanks.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Seriously there is no need for a mock test as they sit the test in their own Primary [if at a Bucks school]. There is also a familiarisation test a few days before ...
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Guest55 wrote:Seriously there is no need for a mock test as they sit the test in their own Primary [if at a Bucks school]. There is also a familiarisation test a few days before ...
But isn't it a good idea to see whether they need to brush up on certain topics? I'm thinking of the maths paper here.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Why? You can learn just as much from a practice test at home or by asking their teacher for the weaker areas. Bucks is not super-selective - places are allocated on distance from the GS not on how high the score is [assuming 121 is reached of course]
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

That's true, where I am currently the grammar schools are super selective and the competition is fierce.
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

My son did two Flying Start Mocks - one was high 60% and the other about 75%. He comfortably passed the 11+ in 2014.
BB-8

Post by BB-8 »

Thank you for your helpful replies. His last mock test was 75% but he was as low as 65% in a previous test. Fingers crossed the preparation will make him more prepared and less stressed about the actual test in September.
BB-8

Post by BB-8 »

Guest55 wrote:Why? You can learn just as much from a practice test at home or by asking their teacher for the weaker areas. Bucks is not super-selective - places are allocated on distance from the GS not on how high the score is [assuming 121 is reached of course]
Isn't 121+ quite hard to achieve though. My 10 year old ds is not as academic as some in his year, I think another years maturity would do wonders.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now