BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sayeedaomer

Re: BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2016

Post by Sayeedaomer »

Thank you all but does anyone have historic data on how many spaces were allocated in Wycombe girls during the second round i.e March 15th? Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Very few - you can see that from the spreadsheet.

I can't recommend you move - it really is risky. No GS place is guaranteed and the alternative would be an Upper school ...
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Sayeedaomer wrote:Thank you all but does anyone have historic data on how many spaces were allocated in Wycombe girls during the second round i.e March 15th? Thanks
The second round was mid-April, not mid-March. The statement on the actual Allocation Profile document is "Offers made under rule 2 (catchment) and some under rule 5 (distance) to 7.661 miles."

We have no way of knowing how many offers were made under each rule, but the words "offers" and "some" do not necessarily indicate more than one admission under each rule. My hunch is that there was one offer under each rule.

You will be pursuing a very high risk strategy by moving, and your first priority must be to consider the alternatives if it goes wrong.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Sayeedaomer wrote:Thank you all but does anyone have historic data on how many spaces were allocated in Wycombe girls during the second round i.e March 15th? Thanks
Obviously I can't guarantee anything, but you should get a place at Kendrick as long as you are in catchment (as we've already discussed on another thread).

If you didn't move, what alternatives do you have? Are they better than running the risk of moving to Bucks and not getting allocated a GS?
Sayeedaomer

Post by Sayeedaomer »

All too confusing at the moment as need to fill the CAF and have to put down my preferences and even more stressful as my DD performed very well at Bucks (score removed by Moderator) and 115ish in Kendrick so feel like I need to give her the best chance as she has really worked hard and she deserves it but all flustered at the moment with the catchment situation. Discussing here really helping me clear my head and get my caf done :(
Pinner

Post by Pinner »

Help please? I could not able to find proper information in the Bucks Council website. We are living in Harrow and if we move to Bucks within a month, any possibility we will get a place in Dr Chalenors or any other grammar schools in the second allocation? My ds scored (Score over 121 removed by Moderator). In that case do I need to put Dr Chalenors as a fist choice in the application LA?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Pinner - is this DCHS or DCGS? Some of your posts say son and some say daughter ...

In the first case the chance is very slight, in the second it is zero.

Is this school your first choice? What is the back-up plan? This year ALL the Grammars were full on March 1st and few places were allocated after that and only when people got higher preferences.
Pinner

Post by Pinner »

Guest55 wrote:Pinner - is this DCHS or DCGS? Some of your posts say son and some say daughter ...

In the first case the chance is very slight, in the second it is zero.

Is this school your first choice? What is the back-up plan? This year ALL the Grammars were full on March 1st and few places were allocated after that and only when people got higher preferences.
my son. We prefer Chesham as well. Mill hill also he passed. Only the problem is the post code catchment. Chesham 13 miles but the last year allocation is 12 miles. Burnham also we are in 13 miles distance. The last year allocation was 10 miles. Slough he has 117. Langley grammar last year cut off 122?.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Allocation areas have been shrinking rather than growing so he would be very borderline. I don't know about Langley but it sounds unlikely (plus an awful journey). I think I've asked this before (maybe it was to someone else - if so, apologies), but are there no good schools locally?
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Pinner wrote:
my son. We prefer Chesham as well. Mill hill also he passed. Only the problem is the post code catchment. Chesham 13 miles but the last year allocation is 12 miles. Burnham also we are in 13 miles distance. The last year allocation was 10 miles. Slough he has 117. Langley grammar last year cut off 122?.
Which is your top choice? Chesham is not DGCS (Challoners) .... you risk not getting any school at all.

Put your first choice first and then in descending order but you must put one school you WILL get. If you only put these schools you could get allocated any local school with places ie one you haven't chosen at all.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now