John Hampden catchment date/allocation question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
berks_mum

John Hampden catchment date/allocation question

Post by berks_mum »

After a long time on this forum, OOC parent trying for JH asked if I know somewhere to rent near JH before 10th May so DS son can get into JH. Going by last years' rule I thought the date to be in catchment was October 2015. I asked parent to double check if a reply was requested before 10th May to submit the actual address proof from October 2015. Parent is adamant lady from council said DS has chance in September if address proof is sent before 10th May. Has it changed now? Am i missing something?
Sally-Anne

Re: John Hampden catchment date/allocation question

Post by Sally-Anne »

The date to submit evidence in order to be included in the first round of allocations on 1st March was 1st October 2015. (For all Bucks GSs other then DCGS.)

Applicants who submit a CAF, apply for testing or provide address evidence after that date are considered to be "late", but will be included in further rounds of allocations as they arise. The next round is 12th May, and the deadline for address evidence is 10th May. http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... ol-places/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks Sally-Anne. May be JH still has some places left.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I think it is a very high risk strategy. In the 2nd round it looks as though only around 3 late applicants in catchment were accommodated; by the 3rd round, almost all of the "settling down" in the way of acceptances elsewhere - private schools, movement on other waiting lists - will have taken place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now