2 x 141 is that rare

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
guest68

Post by guest68 »

Medway Mum, my son was not tutuored. The point I was making really is that our appeal was based purely on academic evidence and the environment of a grammar school suits my son. However, some children that are able to achieve scores of 141 in the 11+ are not automatically going to cope at grammar school just because they achieved a high score.
Wiki

Post by Wiki »

Guest 55

I would appreciate some of your experience around targets based on KS2 levels. Do the secondary schools (be they Upper or Grammar) get more info than parents. If we got told 3 x level 5's, do the school know more about the levels e.g. were they 5c, 5b, 5a. I am interested as to why a number of children I know got 3 x level 5's but predictions now only a few months later seem to have quite a range between 5 and 7. Were all the level 5's not actually the same starting point? I presume that some children deal with the transition to secondary more easily than others and that this of course may also be reflected in the current range of predictions.

If child had 3 x level 5's at KS2 what is the expected norm for KS3? (Is there any such thing - I have been told that 'normal' is actually just a setting on the washing machine!)

Many thanks
Wiki
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Hi Wiki,

In Bucks we get the actual score in each subject - even better than 5c etc as we know how close they were to the level boundaries.

The 'expectation' is two levels progress - though many level 5s (especially those over 90%)in Maths might get level 8.
guest68

Post by guest68 »

Hi Guest55,

When you say "we" in bucks do you mean it from a teacher/school point of view or from a parent? Only my son came home with his Sats results on a sheet of A4 typed up from the school listing all level 5s in each subject. It would have been nice to know whether a,b or c, would his primary school know this? Thanks.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Both!

Our child's Primary school gave us back the papers and, as a teacher, we get all the marks via the information transfer from the Local Authority.
guest68

Post by guest68 »

How interesting! Thanks for that. Even though I'd like to know my son would rather not incase its the lower end of 5!! ( he's a bit of a pessimist!). He is thriving at AGS and we are very proud of him.