How much homework?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loobylou

Re: How much homework?

Post by loobylou »

Dd did the 11+ 3 years ago. She did one hour a week (max) as homework as well as the one hour at the tutor for 9 months.
There is definitely such a thing as too much!
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Phew, I'm so happy to hear that Loobylou :D
Louey

Post by Louey »

Nope I work Blueberry and also we don't get home before 6.15. It's a challenge. We don't do 40 mins per day, some days he does 20 mins, some days he does none (when he has cubs). We tend to do a longer session on Sunday. I think over the course of the week he does approx. 2hrs.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Louey, I take my hat off to you! I don't know how you do it. By the time that we get home from the afterschool club and have our tea it's 7pm. By then he's far too tired to do anything and I'm more concerned with him having enough sleep and pack him to bed around 7.30-7.45pm. He sometimes reads in bed and mention some words that he's unfamiliar with at breakfast time. But between feeding him and his toddler sister we don't really get much done in the mornings.

I guess I really should make a concerted effort & try and get him to do something at the weekend.... not sure how I'll fit it in between his football matches and swimming lessons.

Does anyone know if there's a link to what they need to know for the transfer test? I'm more concerned with the maths as I'm not sure what he needs to know or whether the school will cover it in Year 5.