How is everyone feeling?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2littleboys

How is everyone feeling?

Post by 2littleboys »

I've got a pain in my stomach thinking about the "Big Day" tomo-and I haven't even got a child waiting on results :roll:

It's such a horrible system-I really feel for you all-parents and children.

I remember well all the emotions I felt when it was my son's turn a few years ago. It was like a rollercoaster. I remember shaking like a leaf and bursting into tears when we finally opened the envelope.

I will be going through it all again next year with my younger son and am dreading it.

Good luck all :)
tropicmama

Re: How is everyone feeling?

Post by tropicmama »

Truthfully? A mixture of extreme nervousness (bordering on dread) and the anticipation of just "getting it over with" :D It's true that no matter what the outcome is, our DCs hard work should be celebrated and we will. However, I am honest enough to admit that there are times when I feel sick with worry, if only because my DS really does not want to go to the local comprehensive school and it's our only catchment non-GS. His chances of getting into any other upper school are slim to none.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

I know what you mean Tropic, and I'm feeling very similar.
We just have to wait and see.
Repeat after me "it's just a flawed system, we're just trying to do what's best for our kids".....
Mintaka

Post by Mintaka »

Just wanted to say good luck everybody! I'm feeling pretty calm about it - there isn't anything more that can be done and I know that whether DD qualifies for a GS or an US she should do well regardless. If she only qualifies for upper it'll be a difficult decision - there are 2 that we like (I work in both) and I have to say I keep flicking between which I think can offer her the best education. Suffice to say pupils who want to work hard and have a good work ethic tend to do well, and there are some absolutely lovely kids and super staff in both schools.

So good luck 8) If they don't get through then perhaps think of it that they can be top of an upper school instead of bumping along in the bottom sets of a grammar for the next 5 years.

Edited to say - we are going out tomorrow night regardless of the result. I gave DD free choice of meal and she choose Pizza Express, so that's the plan.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Mintaka wrote:Edited to say - we are going out tomorrow night regardless of the result. I gave DD free choice of meal and she choose Pizza Express, so that's the plan.
Fabulous ethic: your DD is going to do well whatever happens as her mum has the right attitude to a wrong system. Enjoy your pizza - oh, and hope you're happy with the result too. :D
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

You all sound very sensible-your children are lucky to have you :)

Fingers and toes crossed for all your superstars.

Enjoy your pizza or whatever treats you have lined up for tomo and be glad that it is all over.
IncyWincy

Post by IncyWincy »

Eeek, just heard the letterbox!!

Trying to gather courage to take a look. Son has asked me to open it when it arrives but not sure when to tell him, he has sports matches straight after school and wants to know then. Don't want to prolong the misery (he doesn't expect to qualify) but at the same time would rather he had a bit of breathing space. He will being seeing his friends again later in the evening for another club as well.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Please post on Sally-Anne's thread to keep them all together ... remember, no scores.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now