criteria for allocation in Bucks school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

delnidhi12

criteria for allocation in Bucks school

Post by delnidhi12 »

I would like to know that does marks play any role while allocating places in Bucks, as though my son has got score removed , whether he will get a place in Dr Challoner's Boys or Royal Grammar. We are based in Harrow area HA2.Is it the distance only. has anyone in past been offered places from Harrow.
scary mum

Re: criteria for allocation in Bucks school

Post by scary mum »

I suggest your read the admission criteria, which are freely available on line. Possibly it might have been a good idea to read them before entering your child for the test? A score of 121 or above means your child has qualified. Then it is purely on distance.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Please remove the score - it is irrelevant.

You aren't in catchment - have you checked how Bucks allocate places?
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I thought you were looking at schools in Abingdon? Or was it Orpington? Or Essex? That's right, it was all of them....

How on earth did you find the time to visit all of the grammar schools in all of these areas, plus High Wycombe and Amersham? Which did you like the most when you visited?

However, to answer your questions in the sequence they were asked:

No.
Unlikely and unlikely.
No, there are other criteria but distance is important.
Probably, but that won't make any difference to your situation.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Sally-Anne has posted the allocation profile here https://www.dropbox.com/s/4secvz8qh4bhi ... .xlsx?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gg234

Post by gg234 »

I think some of the parents want some GS place for their child it doesn't matter where it is which is fine but i really don't understand people asking the same questions again and again regarding the allocation of places.

This is getting silly now people from OOC starting their own threads instead of reading the existing posts

anotherdad wrote:I thought you were looking at schools in Abingdon? Or was it Orpington? Or Essex? That's right, it was all of them....

How on earth did you find the time to visit all of the grammar schools in all of these areas, plus High Wycombe and Amersham? Which did you like the most when you visited?

However, to answer your questions in the sequence they were asked:

No.
Unlikely and unlikely.
No, there are other criteria but distance is important.
Probably, but that won't make any difference to your situation.
delnidhi12

Post by delnidhi12 »

Thanks for posting the link . It is very useful link and gives a clear picture which option we should opt for. Thanks for sharing the information.