Tropicmama

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

Re: Tropicmama

Post by Guest55 »

Great news - well done :D
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Your little lad is an absolute credit to you.

Honestly reading your post has bought tears to my eyes.

I 100% know what anotherdad means about yours being a "proper" case and I couldn't agree more.

Well done to Son-and Mum!

PS I have PM'd you as requested re school advice.
Mintaka

Post by Mintaka »

Congratulations Tropicmama :) If I recall correctly you started the prep not long before the summer, so a fantastic achievement, well done
tropicmama

Post by tropicmama »

Thank you again so much! Although I am sure that all of you and your DCs have worked just as hard, if not more.

Anotherdad, I think I know what you mean and I do remember worrying about it for a bit (if I am right in what I think you mean). I recall seeing a document on the Bucks council website not so long ago, which if I recall correctly detailed the individual results of every test taker by school. When I scrolled to the bottom where the seemingly impossibly high scores were, quite a lot were designated "OUT" and I did wonder why this was so and whether these out of county test takers might be affecting the standardisation/averaging procedure. Were these students "hot housed" as such for their own county's grammar schools? I might be being unfair here but I do remember seeing a lot of OUTs on those last couple of pages.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Just let us know if we can help you further with school choice :)
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Yay!! congratulations tropic, so glad to hear all is OK.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

Many congratulations, and all the best to your son in whatever grammar he chooses. Really pleased for you.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

:D
tropicmama

Post by tropicmama »

Guest55, we are now booked for 3 this week (RGS, AGS and Floyd) - very exciting! It looks like quite a few of them (at least 4 that I know of) have open mornings this week. My DS was in a party this weekend with quite a few Year 7 GS children and apparently one of them told him that "Floyd is the way!" so now he is determined to check it out again, after he refused to following that very, very full open evening we went to before (which I mentioned to you before).
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I've PM'd you with my thoughts on those schools, for what they are worth.