Pressure at AHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Erystation

Pressure at AHS

Post by Erystation »

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on the level of pressure at AHS and how well the school deal with this. We have been told (by a parent) that all the pressure comes not from the school but from the girls themselves because they compete against each other. It has also been suggested that the school have historically not been great at dealing with this, and other pastoral issues, but they are much better now. Has anyone found this to be so? We have been very impressed by what we have seen and really like the feel of the place; much more friendly and welcoming and 'normal' than we imagined. (We have looked at the alternative choice and we all feel it is not for our daughter).
Guest55

Re: Pressure at AHS

Post by Guest55 »

It depends how resilient your daughter is. When I taught in an all girls school I found it 'intense' and, as you say, the girls can compete ferociously with each other academically and in other ways [how they look etc]. This does tend to mean there is a higher proportion of eating disorders etc. in all girl schools.

Saying that, it will depend on her group of friends and whether she choses wisely.

There are parents on here who are very happy with the school but some I know are not.

I will PM you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now