exam dates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BLANCA

exam dates

Post by BLANCA »

does anyone know the dates of bucks tests and are the two papers sat on different days. If so what happens if you miss one, can you still take it on another day or have you lost your chance and only one paper will be marked. Also when do you get the results. we will be sitting tests for herts, bucks & berks and I'm trying to work out if we will know results of one before sitting another.

Thank you!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I have not seen any dates yet for Bucks 11+ - they are normally first and second week in October with results towards the end of November. If you miss one paper you have to sit before a cut off date to get results at the same time as everyone else.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

There are rumours [some for Slough but just rumours so far] that in some areas the test may be held earlier because of new government guidelines, but I don't know the situation in Bucks.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

The dates are not public knowledge yet. Bucks are against bringing the test dates forward. Its one of those guidlines that state 'should not must.'

Patricia
Guest11

Exam dates 2009

Post by Guest11 »

Exam dates for 2009 are now available on the Bucks CC website. They are:
2 October
8 October

More info at http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/content/i ... 1023755227, click on Secondary Schools doc, Schedule 2 p16
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest11

That is extremely helpful - thank you.

To save other wading through the link the key dates are as follows:

05 Sep 08 Deadline for applications for 11+ testing
02 Oct 08 First 11+ paper
08 Oct 08 Second 11+ paper
21 Nov 08 Results day
07 Jan 09 Appeals commence
02 Mar 09 School Allocations Day

Also of interest for some (mainly those out of County) might be the dates of 27th - 31st October for non-school testing at central locations. So don't book a half term holiday.

What has really hit me about seeing those dates in print is the ghastly realisation that it's our turn again this year. :shock:

Sally-Anne