what is the diffrence

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

redapple

what is the diffrence

Post by redapple »

Hi
Here I go again. What is the difference between Out of County /out of Catchment, when they are allocating places for example if you live in Bucks but not in Catchment /do you take preference over those who live in Berks. Not making myself clear sorry I know what I want to say. Does anyone follow me
SunlampVexesEel

Re: what is the diffrence

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

redapple wrote:Hi
Here I go again. What is the difference between Out of County /out of Catchment, when they are allocating places for example if you live in Bucks but not in Catchment /do you take preference over those who live in Berks. Not making myself clear sorry I know what I want to say. Does anyone follow me
The rules depend on the school;

But if is is by distance then the county you live in does not take precedence it is the distance. I think there is some legal basis for that... i.e. a county cannot exlude children who live out of county just because the parents pay council tax to a difference council.

Where the school has no distance rule I have no idea how it works.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The relevant legislation is the Greenwich and Rotherham judgements.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ment#21849
Etienne
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Example:

Fred Bloggs lives in Bucks but outside Chesham High's catchment area and 6 miles away from the school.

You live in Hertfordshire, outside all Bucks schools' catchment areas but you only live 5 miles from Chesham High.

You and Fred put Chesham High down as first choice.

You will take precedence over Fred Bloggs.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now