12+ - April 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ambridge

12+ - April 2008

Post by Ambridge »

Have just called Admissions at BCC re: when will we receive notification of our childs' suitability to take the 12+ test in April this year, and Doreen confirmed that we will receive a letter by the first week of March stating yay or nay. 8)

Good luck to all of us waiting!

Ambridge x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Well done Ambridge, super-sleuth!

Would you like to volunteer to be my "house-elf" ( :lol: ) for the 12+ process this year and post key dates and anything new here so that I can update my Sticky where needed? I would appreciate the help, as it will save me watching the Bucks website constantly on the subject.

Needless to say, good luck with it all, and post here if I can help you too.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Oh I just loved the film 'Elf' so to be your 'house elf' and report back on my favourite subject, 'the 12+ in Bucks years 2007-2008' would be a huge honour.

H :D E signing off for now xx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great to see you back Ambridge - my 12+ entry child has been put on the GS G&T register :lol:
Wiki

Post by Wiki »

Received our letter today confirming able to sit 12+ - 1 hurdle out of the way!
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Oh that was nice and early, delighted for you, different to what they told me last week?? :roll:

Regards

Ambridge Aka House Elf
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi All
Wiki wrote:Received our letter today confirming able to sit 12+ - 1 hurdle out of the way!
If anyone else is still waiting for their 12+ letter, ring Bucks and complain.

I am always happy to give them a "virtual" bouquet when they deliver their best service, but when they don't hit the target (or miss by some distance, as appears to be the case here) I strongly believe that you should follow up.

Sally-Anne
Ambridge

12+

Post by Ambridge »

The first Forum House Elf and I feel a failure....

Perhaps I misunderstood the BCC - when I called the office last week they said 'all interested parties will be in receipt of a letter by the first week of March, this is once all paperwork from all schools has been collated'.

Anyway, for the records, its' mid February and we received our paperwork this morning saying our son had permission to sit the Late Tranfer Verbal Reasoning Test to establish whether he would be appropriately placed in a grammar school....but hardly an inspiring pack of info.

It comprises a letter where we tear off the bottom to confirm he will be attending the test on 7 April at The Grange School at 9am, a double sided map of how to get there, an Advisory Sheet for Parents (all premises are non smoking, bit of a blow for my son if he is stressed :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and a 3-page double sided Practice Verbal Reasoning Test, containing 10 questions, which needs to be completed at home, prior to the actual test, within 10 mins....we'll probably be doing a touch more practice nearer the day :roll: :roll: :roll:

Glad we are 'on the road' - still a long way to go.......

Ambridge aka House Elf
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Ambridge

That pack has not been changed for years. I tutored my first late transfer 9 years ago, my last only last year. I hope you have started your preparation! Ensure your child understands the different way of answering the questions.

Good Luck

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Re: 12+

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Ambridge a.k.a. my dedicated House Elf
Ambridge wrote:The first Forum House Elf and I feel a failure....

Perhaps I misunderstood the BCC - when I called the office last week they said 'all interested parties will be in receipt of a letter by the first week of March, this is once all paperwork from all schools has been collated'.

Anyway, for the records, its' mid February and we received our paperwork this morning
No, you're not a failure. Bucks are always "cautious" on giving dates, and on occasions it is nearly impossible to work out when one can really expect to receive information.

Anyway, glad that all is well so far!
but hardly an inspiring pack of info.

Don't say I didn't warn you! :D

Imagine if you were moving in to Bucks and had a child taking the 12+ and that was all you received. Not even the standard 11+ familiarisation materials, as limited as they are.

One might even think that Bucks don't actually want anyone to take the 12+. :wink:

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now