Familiarisation tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MrsChubbs

Familiarisation tests

Post by MrsChubbs »

DS did familiarisation test today at school under exam conditions and came home horrified. Have I let him down as we have only been practising using the multiple choice answer sheets and they didn't have the option to use them? Will they get them in the real thing? He has been so full of confidence as he has been getting over 92% on all his tests and completing them in about 25mins. This has really knocked his confidence. So please restore mine.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

They should have had them for the familiarisation - query this with the school perhaps it was an oversight?!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mrs Chubbs

Absolutely query the matter. Was it the official familiarisation? If so it is a gross breach of standard procedure. The teacher in charge of administering the tests, real or practice, must make sure all material has been distributed to every child.

In addition, why have they given a practice test now? These are kept for the Autumn term, see point 6 of the following link...

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/docum ... s_2009.pdf

Do keep us informed.

Patricia
MrsChubbs

Familiarisation tests

Post by MrsChubbs »

Thanks for the quick reply, I am relieved to hear that he will have the multiple choice paper on the day! I will take up the matter with school and let you know. By the way, the advice on this forum has been invaluable in helping achieve his marks. Thanks.
Road Runner

Mel

Post by Road Runner »

Definitely take it up with the school as even though you know he will have the correct one son the day you don't want him getting confused now especially as some of the techniques he is using will be effected by not having the right papers now.

Just so you know my dd is in a local bucks school (HP post code) and they are using teh correct answer sheets just as your ds shoudl be.

Let us know what happens and aslo join our topic 'How is everyone doing' under this Bucks heading you will find lots fo people also doing the local test

Mel