Any chance of Challoners?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hi Dad40 and Sally Anne,

Thanks for the information.

I just calculated my distance from Dr Challenors, and its a whopping 20 miles.

In 2008 they only let in people withing a 6.7 radius, but do you think anyone applied out of that distance? I mean what if no one from as far as Hounslow applied?

I just wonder if their is any point in applying. Any advice?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Sara

The only schools that you will stand a chance of getting places at are Burnham Grammar and Chesham High. You have absolutely no chance whatsoever of getting a place at Challoners.

Both BGS and CHS are on the edge of the County, so they tend to be undersubscribed anyway.

BGS is "not in favour" at present with some parents, although that is very much a point of view, rather than fact.

CHS has a fairly good reputation that is likely to improve in future as there is a new Head in place.

I suggest that you look carefully at the travel arrangements and at the strengths of both schools compared to your local options.

Sally-Anne
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Thanks Sally Anne. Your help was invaluable. I have now "let go" of the fancy notion that I may have had a chnce at Bucks Schools, and putting all my efforts into preparing for Tiffins and Langley. With less options I now feel like there is less things to worry about... less exams. I have become more focussed in 11+ preparation.... all systems go!

Thanks once again.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now