short papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Rose

Yes, I get HH. I think that this has now been corrected.

Did you download the papers in the first few days after they were announced - around 22nd July? If so, send me a PM.

Sally-Anne
Second time round

Post by Second time round »

Hi Sally Anne

Yes I purchased the Level 4 and Level 3 papers when they first came out, so I suppose there are a few bugs in them, still. Just starting to use them as they are nice and quick for when back at school

Rose
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

I am reading Life of Pi by Yann Martell and came across the following,

Pi is trying to open a can of fresh water.

"Another dint next to the first. By dint of dinting I managed the trick"

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Oh Mike, come down from your planet and join all of us trying to help our sons and daughters pass the 11+ - you seem to become more and more unrealistic about the task we have in hand with every thread you join in..... :roll:

You are quite obviously so knowledgeable about so many aspects of the VR tests but seem to ignore what members reply or write back.....a sign maybe of being out of the link or may be you do know best...there is a thin line there me thinks. :shock:

Having participated in this 11+ palava for 3 years now I can only say that whilst we are trying to teach 10 year old children how to 'grow/expand their vocab' at this crucial time, one month before the 11+, it is a little irksome to find you comparing the very same vocab to Life of Pi.

Ramble over, back to you :x

Ambridge x
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

Well, this is the level of thought of my 10 year old. ....
DS did a paper over the weekend. On one of the "find the 4 letter word that is at the end of one word and beginning of the next" in this sentence, he decided that the answer was "mama" even though this answer wasn't on the answer sheet.
Why mama I ask. To which he replied ...you know, mama, as in "mama mia!" :lol: Now that word one was not on my list to go over with him!
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Oh Greta it is so lovely to hear of a child responding like a child which is afterall exactly what they all are, bless them.

Dint??

whatever happened to plain old Dent!!

:wink: