Advice on 12+ application

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Dad40
Dad40 wrote:Daughter has just got three Level 5s in her SATs. :D

Interesting that her teacher assessed her at Level 4 on two of them. Will this assessment have a detrimental impact were we to now try for the 12+?
I am really delighted to hear the news - she's a bright bunny! :D

The results, rather than the teacher assessment, are what matters. You are cleared for take-off on the 12+, and then some!

Do PM me if you need any further help.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
traccb

Post by traccb »

Hi again everyone. Great to hear from you Ambridge. I have been thinking about you on and off. Has your son got his place ? I do hope so; please let me know. I have taken your advice already and seen the current head who is going to print the results on headed paper and write a letter confirming that she missed one test by 1 point noting that she had been unwell. One question though!! You mention about getting a report from her new head about January time. The application forms have to be in by early December so should this letter go in at the same time or doesn't it matter if it follows on ? Bye for now !
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

After application the admissions team write for a reference. It's a good idea to talk to the new school towards the end of term one saying that you are going for the 12+ and trust that they will support the application. You can then anticipate any issues with their support.
traccb

Post by traccb »

Hi guest 55, many thanks for the info - very useful. I assume they write directly to the new head so will take your advice nearer the end of term 1. Thank you.
Mumzy

Post by Mumzy »

My son's teacher had predicted 2 level 5's unfortunately he only got 1 can he still apply for 12+?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Yes, he can.

The LA will probably say "No," but you can request an appeal against refusal to test. The appeal panel will need to see evidence of high ability to justify their overturning the LA's decision (e.g. strong support from the new school).
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Mumzy,

It would be worth asking the school how close he was to a level 5 and whether they have checked the papers. I have been checking ours today and found a number of errors .....
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Sally-Anne wrote:I am really delighted to hear the news - she's a bright bunny! :D

The results, rather than the teacher assessment, are what matters. You are cleared for take-off on the 12+, and then some!

Do PM me if you need any further help.
Thanks for that ! Yes she's bright but needs a LOT of pushing.