Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: FAMILIARISATION PACK
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:08 pm 

when should I start to use the bucks familiarisation pack with dd? It says in the info to start striaght away but we are just about to start 2nd set pf bright sparks.Patricia if your out there what dp you think?

many thanks

b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:50 pm 

Dear Blanca

Continue with the Bright Sparks.

Go through the Familiarisation, the 5 sessions, bit by bit now.[quite easy as they are aimed at whole class level]

Leave tests A, 1 and 2, use, in that order, after B. Sparks have been completed.

Have you got dates for your tests?

Patricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:45 pm 

thanks you will do. As we are out of county the dates for tests are earliest date 27th october first come first served basis and may be on two consecutive days. bucks residents are thursday 2 october and wednesday 8th october

also have received new practice paper 2 as first one sent out has errors on questions 61-67 ( just in case anyone has already done them!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:27 pm 

We are also out of county but expect to have the tests in the first or second week of October as our primary school is willing to administer them. I don't think the school is given much notice, though - so we'll aim to be fully prepared by the published Bucks test dates.

We've also had the corrected version of Practice Paper 2 sent to us. I haven't checked yet to see what the error actually is, but surprised the mistake wasn't spotted earlier - I thought the same practice tests were used year on year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:54 am 

Dear Marylou

These tests indeed have not changed since their first publication. However they are reprinted, so the error may have occured at this stage.

Can yo PM me with these errors, I can then check them with my various sets of originals, to see if there has been a change...

I do remember at one stage there was an error in the marking scheme, where they had the answers to 2 types of maths in the wrong place, one of those sets, were question numbers in the sixties...

Patricia