Bucks 12+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Oh Ambridge - you are just so clever!

Thanks for the suggestion - I shall follow through with gusto!

Sally-Anne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I do want to say that Dada's original thread is still very important here - if anyone has experience of the 12+ in Bucks I would be very grateful to learn from them also.

Sorry to wander off onto another topic Dada!

Sally-Anne
chucky

12 + Bucks

Post by chucky »

My daughter took the 12+ in 2005, after scoring 114 in her 11+ but gaining level 5's in all her yr 6 SATS.

We approached the local LEA who sent out an admission form which needed to be sent back Dec/Jan. the form is very easy to fill in but you do need the support from the headteacher of your childs current school as they need to sign this. The LEA requested school reports directly from our current daughters upper school and from her primary school.

We heard in the February (I think) that our daughter was accepted to take the 12+ (this is not always straight forward as my freinds child was not accepted and had to appeal to take the test!)

In April 05 my daughter took her 12+ at the Grange School, consisiting of 1 VR paper with 80 questions and had 45 min to complete. The exam took place on a Saturday and to be honest was not a pleasant experience as there must of been around 300 people waiting to register their child and of course the children themselves were feeling very anxious.

After the exam she felt that it went well (but she felt the 11+ went well) and it was just a matter of waiting for the results. The results came late June and she had passed, on opening the letter she bursed into tears as she was so happy, and to be honest this was the first time I realised how much she wanted to change schools.

In July 05 we were notified that she had a place in her 1st choice Grammar School and started in the September.

She has not looked back since and is very happy in this school, I do believe that we were lucky as we did not hit any big hurdles but it was dragged over a 10 month period.

I wish your child every success in the future.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now