Misprinted papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dyslexichelpneeded

Misprinted papers

Post by dyslexichelpneeded »

Did anyone else encounter this? My DS brought home his practice papers yesterday, and I was initially bemused to discover two copies of Practice Paper 2. Further investigation revealed that one of the papers had a misprint, where the wrong set of questions had been included. The teacher only notified the children of this when my DS was about to start to work out the questions, and then handed out a new set of question papers!
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Yes we had that as well yesterday :roll:

DD said they started their exam and part way through it was announced there was a problem with some questions, they were asked to put down their pencils whilst new papers were handed out and then asked to carry on and were allowed 3 mins extra at the end, so it seems to have been handled ok, we get that paper back marked tomorrow so will look at it then.

Someone remind me how long they have been using these same practice papers and they still don't get it right???

Glad it wasn't the real thing though!!

Ambridge x
dyslexichelpneeded

Post by dyslexichelpneeded »

Ambridge wrote:DD said they started their exam and part way through it was announced there was a problem with some questions, they were asked to put down their pencils whilst new papers were handed out and then asked to carry on and were allowed 4 mins extra at the end, so it was seems to have been handled ok, we get that paper back marked tomorrow so will look at it then.

Ambridge x
Interesting - our children were given an extra minute and a half...
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

I think because there were a lot of kids taking the exam in the hall it took that long to hand out the new papers and check every one was happy again.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Just for info - this mistake was noticed ages ago. OOC applicants were sent the corrected version way back in the summer, so I can't believe the schools actually started the children on the wrong paper! :shock: Hopefully it won't have upset too many of the children.
Marylou