broken arm

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
incegreen

broken arm

Post by incegreen »

Hi Etienne
I wonder if you can help me with regard this;
Last Monday my daughter broke her arm badly and had to have a major operation. It is her left arm but shes finding things quite hard and painful, especially sitting in the same for position for ant time. They had to set it twisted so she cant put it down comfortably to write - she is trying her best.
We are practicing, although i feel awful beacuse she is still groggy and uncomfortable. I am concerned that the shock may set us right back and i dont want to push her.
Having gone through appeal last year with my son, i know they really need to be exceptional circumstances for them to back you - is my daughter execptional? Should i contact county beforehand as she will still be in plaster during the tests?
Maybe someone has some ideas.
I have emailed county regarding this but have yet to hear from them.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Incegreen

Etienne has replied under your original thread.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... .php?t=745

Patricia
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Incegreen

Please see the other thread ("patricia") where I commented earlier today.

I can reassure you that the advice you've already been given (Headteacher/GP) is correct.

Best wishes
Etienne
incegreen

Post by incegreen »

Sorry to keep rumbling on about the "broken arm" but want to do what's best!
Having only a year between my 2 eldest i'm still smarting from last years test experience. Got next year off and then it's the next one! By then i may have been put away through insanity - i'm usually quite calm but this 11+ business has changed me!!!!!!

Incidently, if anyone is thinking of buying their kids Heelys (trainers with wheels in) be warned - that's how the arm was broken!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now