Thank you!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BLANCA

Post by BLANCA »

just seen dd in playground, she is fine but said she finished really quickly so now i am worried she has missed/miunderstood some questions, I guess no matter what i am programed to worry :evil: will de-brief her when she gets home and go through question types and hopfuly have a clearer picture then. Does anybody know if the tests have to be given in the same order, as I have read the first is historicly the hardest? would that apply to ooc schools giving the tests?
daljit

Post by daljit »

hi................please don't worry. easier said then done.

well my triplets sat the bexley 11+ in september, 2 of them found the time too short and 1 said he had 10mins to spare!

i just thought the worse and kept saying did you "double check" your answers.........(forgetting they are only 10! all he wanted to do was escape the silence of the classroom)

well to my surprise he passed and the other 2 didn't do so well!
the 1 who passed also went on to do the Kent 11+ and yeah he passed again, this time he had 15mins to "spare"! infact he scored higher

I'm very proud of my children and have come to accept how different they are......as are all children............

try to be calm.
we are lucky we got our results earlier, do you have to wait for March 09?
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Daljit

Triplets!!!

OMG I take my hat off to you. How did you cope??

Blanca

I am sure dd will be fine. Can I suggets you follow Patricias advice. Sit her down with you later and tick the types she remembered doing. If you pm me I'll tell you if it was tha same as when dd did it the other week.

Mel
x
BLANCA

Post by BLANCA »

Daljit I agree with mel!! how did you cope?

I think results are 21 nov. although as ooc not 100% on that

mel thanks I will pm after school.
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

just seen dd in playground, she is fine but said she finished really quickly so now i am worried she has missed/miunderstood some questions, I guess no matter what i am programed to worry
I think worrying is what we all do best!

If it's any consolation my DS said the same about finishing quickly and I also have the same fears... having said that he also told me that everyone in his class said they finished it so maybe timing was less of an issue. It doesn't stop making you wonder though whether they've actually leapt in to the first answer and not seen the subtle qustions.... OK now I am just adding to your already wooried head!

At least it sound as though you DD wll come home feeling good about it so that's something. And it's closer to being over!
daljit

Post by daljit »

hi,

i did cope, somehow....can't believe they are 10. (we had a routine and we stuck by it....other wise the poor dears got messed up & confused.)
having said that
it was much easier than the 11+ pressure.......... even child birth wasn't so bad come to think of it!
waiting for the result was a rollercoaster....i couldn't sleep and when i did all i dreamt of was the 11+.

Good Luck to you all...
BLANCA

Post by BLANCA »

Oh dear, looks like its going to be a long few weeks all round! at least I dont feel alone, knowing that you are all worrying with me is some comfort. And yes dd seems fine so that is great even if I feel like i'm having a nervous breakdown!, surely after all that practice they wouldn't really of missed out questions.. would they??
Bucks Mum

Post by Bucks Mum »

Blanca

My DS was the same. He has convinced himself that he got 'find the opposite' and 'find the similar' question types confused and so answered a whole section incorrectly!! He's never done that in practice but won't hear my reassurances that he is unlikely to suddenly do something so bonkers without even realising!!!

I'm trying to calm him down before test 2!!
Bucks Mum

Post by Bucks Mum »

Mel X - I sent you a PM but it's sitting in my Outbox so not sure if it's got to you or not!!
Dad40

Re: Mel x

Post by Dad40 »

Mel X wrote:No Dad40 I am quite sure that Gretas alternative is not a prison. I assume you have not gone through the process??
You assume wrong.

I moved back to Bucks for the schools, thought my borderline daughter had a pretty good chance of passing but she didn't and is now at an upper school. Yes I'm very disappointed (having been to a Bucks grammar school myself and 'believing' in the system) but, well, c'est la vie. The process has probably done her a favour in the long run. At a stretch, we could send her private but choose not to.

So yes it is important but shouldn't take over your life/give the children nightmares. If it is THAT important to you, you need to move somewhere where such overweening importance is reduced.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now