Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 12+ Answer Sheets
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:24 am 

[edit] I'm working on 12+ answer sheets for some well known online short tests... if anyone's interested - pm me your email address.
Nx

Good Morning

Got the post card confirmation (for 12+ app) this morning :D
Sent off our copy of the 3 "5s" SATs - photocopied onto school letterhead. Hoping this is going to be OK. And DS 11+ score of 118.
All we need to do now is sit & wait to see if test is offered.... :cry:

Meantime - have read a few posts about answer sheets being different.
Ambridge - anyone...? Could you send me a copy please? Any work books your child did - Did you do a revised answer sheet? Is there anywhere on web that you can buy/DL specific 12+ stuff?
Any / ALL Information would be gratefully received.

PM me & I'll send my email address.
Thank you [again].
Nicky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:13 am 

Once you get the go ahead for your son to sit the 12+ they will send you a pathetic pack of sample questions and an answer sheet for you to play around with.

However, I will see if I kept ours from last year, so you will be re-assured that it is no big deal...

The questions types, 85 of them in 45 mins, are of the same standard as the 11+ just a few more in a bit less time and the only comment my son made was that rather than have an example of how to work out the next section of questions, they sometimes had a wordy explanation, which was fine and very straight forward.

I found my son's knowledge in general had moved along big time since the 11+ so he found the NFER papers easy, Susan Daughtry good, the new short papers from The Tutors on this site would be worth purchasing.

Hopefully, as you were a near miss before, your son will have remembered the basic techniques and you will just be refreshing him on the various types - we tended to talk through the question types more and looked together about any he got wrong in practice, and just made it all quite laid back.

I will pm you once I have found our pack from last year, but once you get back into 11+ mode :shock: I hope you will be pleasantly surprised at how much more mature they are :roll: .

Ambridge x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:42 pm 

Dear Ambridge

Just to clarify. Only the Bright Spark series should be used from the Susan Daughtrey range.

Other relevant authors include IPS, AFN, Walsh.

Patricia

Post subject: Susan Daughtry
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:19 pm 

Thank you Ambridge - He does seem more able and confident (plus he had a sparkling report from Form Tutor at recent parent's evening) :D

Hello Patricia -

Please forgive me - Probably missed a whole section on 12+ info :oops:

Bright Sparks in Susan Daughtry range....?
We're going over SJD's Technique & Practice books [edit: Plus graded test papers 1] .... Do the Q's differ that much that it warrants buying another set of books by same author?

We looked at IPS when preparing for 11+ (and I didn't like the look of them - think pages were too crammed...? Can't remember..?)

Are AFN & Walsh geared more for 12+ then?

Look forward to your advice (or point me in the right thread direction... I'm forever going in circles on here !)
Nickyx