12+ Answer Sheets

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nicaukids

12+ Answer Sheets

Post by nicaukids »

[edit] I'm working on 12+ answer sheets for some well known online short tests... if anyone's interested - pm me your email address.
Nx

Good Morning

Got the post card confirmation (for 12+ app) this morning :D
Sent off our copy of the 3 "5s" SATs - photocopied onto school letterhead. Hoping this is going to be OK. And DS 11+ score of 118.
All we need to do now is sit & wait to see if test is offered.... :cry:

Meantime - have read a few posts about answer sheets being different.
Ambridge - anyone...? Could you send me a copy please? Any work books your child did - Did you do a revised answer sheet? Is there anywhere on web that you can buy/DL specific 12+ stuff?
Any / ALL Information would be gratefully received.

PM me & I'll send my email address.
Thank you [again].
Nicky
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Once you get the go ahead for your son to sit the 12+ they will send you a pathetic pack of sample questions and an answer sheet for you to play around with.

However, I will see if I kept ours from last year, so you will be re-assured that it is no big deal...

The questions types, 85 of them in 45 mins, are of the same standard as the 11+ just a few more in a bit less time and the only comment my son made was that rather than have an example of how to work out the next section of questions, they sometimes had a wordy explanation, which was fine and very straight forward.

I found my son's knowledge in general had moved along big time since the 11+ so he found the NFER papers easy, Susan Daughtry good, the new short papers from The Tutors on this site would be worth purchasing.

Hopefully, as you were a near miss before, your son will have remembered the basic techniques and you will just be refreshing him on the various types - we tended to talk through the question types more and looked together about any he got wrong in practice, and just made it all quite laid back.

I will pm you once I have found our pack from last year, but once you get back into 11+ mode :shock: I hope you will be pleasantly surprised at how much more mature they are :roll: .

Ambridge x
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Ambridge

Just to clarify. Only the Bright Spark series should be used from the Susan Daughtrey range.

Other relevant authors include IPS, AFN, Walsh.

Patricia
nicaukids

Susan Daughtry

Post by nicaukids »

Thank you Ambridge - He does seem more able and confident (plus he had a sparkling report from Form Tutor at recent parent's evening) :D

Hello Patricia -

Please forgive me - Probably missed a whole section on 12+ info :oops:

Bright Sparks in Susan Daughtry range....?
We're going over SJD's Technique & Practice books [edit: Plus graded test papers 1] .... Do the Q's differ that much that it warrants buying another set of books by same author?

We looked at IPS when preparing for 11+ (and I didn't like the look of them - think pages were too crammed...? Can't remember..?)

Are AFN & Walsh geared more for 12+ then?

Look forward to your advice (or point me in the right thread direction... I'm forever going in circles on here !)
Nickyx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now