13+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JShan

13+

Post by JShan »

I was sent just 10 sample questions for my son as part of the familiarisation process for 13+. However, I've been told by someone since that only the question types the samples represent actually feature in the test. Do you know if this is definitely the case or is it a myth?
JS
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

That's rubbish!! The same question types (roughly) as in the 11+ are tested - that's the '21 types' Patricia et al. talk about.

Try the free demos on the site to get an idea.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi JShan

I am glad that the word "myth" is starting to appear on Bucks. There are plenty of them, and what you have been told is another one for my list!

The 12+/13+ is only one paper, as you know, and therefore will include only some of the 21 question types. The only problem is that you don't know which ones!

As the test is five questions longer (and five minutes shorter) there will be 12 of the standard 21 types, plus (possibly) an extra question type, an example of which is one my 12+/13+ Sticky.

Your child needs to revise/practice all 22 types.

My only question now is who this "Someone" is who keeps telling everyone all the myths! If I could only trap him or her ... :lol:

Sally-Anne
JShan

Post by JShan »

Thanks for this. It was a 11+/12+ tutor who told me this over the phone.
I haven't taken up his services, but I wanted to check his advice.

What does seem unfair on the candidate however is that the familiarisation pack only contains 10 question types. How can this be called familiarisation when it doesn't include at least one example of every type? Does Bucks give any explanation of why the 13+ sample pack is less comprehensive than the 11+ packs?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's the same as you get at 12+ and I think they assume that you know from 11+ :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now