Buckinghamshire 13+ Late Transfer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Ring Admissions tomorrow and ask about an appeal - you may gain a place that way - presumably you have just moved into the area?

The only two schools you are close enough to are SHF and AGS -ask if you can go on the waiting list for both

Your only other option is an Upper school in the meantime ...
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Sisayo

As the test result came though today, I am asssuming that you have moved into Bucks recently?

Please put your child on to every waiting list available, in order of preference, just as you would do for a normal application.

I suggest that you call each of the GS within range, and ask them about their numbers for Year 9.

Sally-Anne
sisayo

Post by sisayo »

We had an appeal last week and it was sucessful - what a great relief!.
It was really stressful preaparing and actually going through the appeal; sitting before the panel was an ordeal in itself as the members were all accomplished people in their respective fields before retirement. My initial fear was that they would be quite hard to please. On the contrary, they were very welcoming, patient and supportive. They took their time to listen to my case, and sought a clarification if or where they felt I had not clearly expressed my point. Without doubt, they did a fantastic job!

I would, probably not be i n this position if not for the Forum's members' suggestions, advice, encouragement and sharing of their own experiences - All this helped me in great measures to prepare for and present my case before the panel. A million thanks to everyone. More grease to your elbows!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now