Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: other types of practice
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:25 pm 

The practice papers are obviously great ways to work on 11+ skills, along with learning how to move through the questions in an efficient way.

However, in addition and to inject some fun into this process, are there any Nintendo DS games / puzzles that are of any help at all for VR practice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:11 pm 

As a family we have great competitions on Nintendo DS and Wii brain training games - it certainly makes learning and remembering addition, subtraction, multiplication and division more fun and makes you fast (myself included) which is no bad thing.

The non-number games are enjoyable and keep you mentally alert but I am not sure they specifically prepare you for the Bucks 11+ but enhancing your mental quickness and finding it fun sounds ok to me.

I suppose anything that makes numbers second nature and enjoyable must be a good thing and it definitely beats rote learning times tables as I did as a child.

Patricia will no doubt be able to mention other good games that help with preparation including online scrabble and scrabble with the family.

Good luck