electronic notification of allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Congratulations to all who've got good news so far! :D You've all been really supportive and I'd like to wish you and your DCs all the very best at their new schools.

Still waiting this end...but not holding my breath... :? No need to wait for the letter - the allocation profile will tell me what I need to know when it's released.
Marylou
All Too Much

Post by All Too Much »

Whatever made me think back in October that one more day of waiting would not matter ?!!! I should have done it on-line.

That postie better have his skates on tomorrow - none of this 2.00pm delivery stuff!

Well done to all so far.
All Too Much

Post by 40 »

I'm so pleased for you all! I know you and your dc have all worked so hard now you can really enjoy the summer!

good luck to all those still waiting

b x
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Waiting for the letter but according to 2009 allocation profile we live too far away from our catchment Grammar School (6 miles from DCGS). My DS will be very disappointed.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/get/asset ... y_2009.pdf

Hope to may be get in via the waiting list. Fingers crossed.

Post by 40 »

fingers crossed for you bucks mum 1. Have just had email and we have not been offered grammar, (we are out of county) so will be hoping for movement on the waiting list! hope you get better news though x

b
stressed mum

Post by stressed mum »

First choice for DS .Yippee.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Thanks for posting that, bucks mum and I'm sorry to hear your news - your catchment school, too :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Sadly we are outside the allocation area for our first choice but not by as much as expected - so perhaps there's still hope.

Anyway, good luck for the waiting list bucks mum and 40 and congratulations to (no longer) stressed mum! :)
Marylou
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Wow!

Becky High has suddenly become an "All offered" school. That is a major change for those in this area who have fought over places for several years.

Also, if I've read it correctly:

- RGS allocation zone has tightened sharply
- Wycombe High zone has also tightened

Among upper schools, allocation zones for Holmer Green, Ramsays and Amersham have all tightened further......
Road Runner

mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Hi there

Just to let you know have recieved our alloction on line and yes dd got into Wycombe High.

Congrats to everyone who got the schools they wanted and good luck for anyone appealing

x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I have saved my 3000th post to congratulate everyone who got their first choice and commiserate with those who didn't.

To the former - well done! :D

To the latter - don't panic yet as historically things do change significantly between allocation day and September. Hang in there and provisionally accept the place and opt to stay on the waiting list - maybe go for a transfer appeal if you can face it.