Help needed for Bucks 12+ appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bucksappealmum

Help needed for Bucks 12+ appeal

Post by bucksappealmum »

Hi I am a newbie, sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.
First of all congratulations to all who have been successfull in Late transfer test.
My DD unfortuntely narrowly missed with 120 score. I am looking at Bucks selection appeal, and any advice will be highly appreciated.I have already contacted the Secondary School Headteacher who is not willing to support at all, despite, the Class teacher indicating her glowing performance earlier even mentioning on school visits with my other half, that our DD is in the wrong place(i.e school) and is at the top of the class in yr 7 Cats,high predictions for GCSEs. I have not been given Yr7 Cats report ,I requested, and have no other reports from School, Class teacher has taken a Uturn and does not recall anything. Please advise how to request DD's reports and class work from a totally uncooperative school.
we have 2 level 5s English and Science ,and level 4 in Maths with extenuating circumstances dating back to KS2.
We are 28.5 miles away from the test centre and DD is known to be very anxious before long Journeys, was unable to sleep that night.Please give me some pointers. I shall thank you forever.
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Welcome and so sorry about your DD's near miss....

Presumably you were almost there on the 11+ as well :evil:

Do you have a specific GS in mind that you would like your DD to attend if she gets lucky? Are you out of catchment?

A really helpful person, I am sure, will come along soon, but I think you will need some very compelling academic evidence from DD's current school to help you along the way for a 12+ appeal success. Not sure that KS2 from primary school are of much interest now.

I am sorry that current school are not more forthcoming, but presumably you have half year reports and will have school tests leading up to Easter that show great progress?

Guest55, I am sure will be able to tell you what test results to date from current school would be useful.

Good luck, if its what your DD really wants, go for it :wink:

Ambridge
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Hi,

You should be able to get the Y7 CATS and a copy of the report that was sent to support your 12+ entry as a minimum.

I am sorry the school is being so obstructive - put requests in writing and, if they won't help have you got any levelled work in books etc?

High KS2 test scores would help - you could get these from the Y6 report - look there for anything useful too.

Do you have any evidence - e.g. doctor's letter re the stress of a journey?
bucksappealmum

Post by bucksappealmum »

Ambrige and Guest55 thank you so much for your kind words.
I have KS2 test results report only.
The Headteachers letter received clearly says no supplementary evidence will be provided, School has given no reports whatsoever to date and does not look like they are going to either.I do not know what the pre Easter report wil indicate, we were briefed earlier verbally(which C teacher denied) that our DD was doing very well and predicted high future scores.
Y7 cats were a disaster as DD told me computer system went down twice disrupting the tests, during the test.
I only submitted KS2 results and the form nothing else and she was allowed to sit 12+.
Huge family circumstances around 11+ and KS2 , no evidence.No doctors reports etc on travel only honest examples.
Please advise I am out of catchment and looking for BG .Thank you
bucksappealmum

Post by bucksappealmum »

Sorry forgot to mention her score was 114 and 116 in 11+
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Bucks do write to the school requesting a report before testing is allowed - you could ask for that.

The Primary should be able to tell you the scores on the papers -

GOOD LUCK ...

You may wish to post in appeals so Etienne and Sally- Anne can also give you advice.