Who will be staying up till midnight then?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nearly there

Who will be staying up till midnight then?

Post by nearly there »

Only 3 days to go, or more precisely 2 days and 6 hours until 00:01am on the 1st March when we should all be able to log into the Devon/ Plymouth/ Torbay website and see our DC's allocation.

I plan to stay up until at least a few minutes past midnight as I'm quite a night owl anyway.

I just logged in to Devon and checked the my DD's CAF is still there (it is) and didn't by some glitch already show her allocation (it didn't)

Anyone else planning on doing the same and joining in the celebrations/ commiserations/ complaining about IT problems on the website?
KernowMum

Re: Who will be staying up till midnight then?

Post by KernowMum »

I think in reality I will be staying up all night - clicking that Refresh button like a thing possessed! Won't be able to sleep before I know... and won't be able to sleep once I do actually know regardless of outcome!! Oh misery...!! :o Thank Goodness this is my second and last DC going through this ordeal. Not sure my nerves could take another one. :D

Good Luck to All :!:
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

It will be a long night I'm sure. and I'm glad I'm not the only one already checking out the website - just in case lol!!!!!! :shock: :lol: will meet you all here in 52 hours and 15 minutes.
faith237

Post by faith237 »

Hi-where exactly do you look to find results for Torquay Grammars at midnight? I never knew you could find out earlier than the official e mail.
Steph42

Post by Steph42 »

Hi I was unaware that you can log on to website. I thought I had to wait for official email. Steph
nearly there

Post by nearly there »

The allocations will be posted on the website you made your online application on, you will need the log-in and password to get into the system.

For Devon and Plymouth the system is SUPPOSED to go live just after midnight, I assumed Torbay will be the same - if you call them they should tell you.

BUT reading the other posts , for Devon LEA it looks like this has been the situation over the last couple of years

March 2011. did not work. No online info available by 8 am (not sure when it went live)

March 2010. worked- info visible at midnight

March 2009. did not work- info only visible at lunchtime on 1st

So I wil check at midnight, but then give up until morning if nothing is there :wink:
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

Exactly its that word 'supposed'. If everyone tries to log on then there is the possibility that the system may crash. :shock: like you said nearly there, if nothing is there by 0015 then I will give up and try in the morning. Probably :wink:
KingKernow

Post by KingKernow »

Good luck tonight everyone! Ds had his results come through at midnight in 2010, hopefully it will be the same this year.
nearly there

Post by nearly there »

Thanks KK- I'm guessing from your name that you applied through Cornwall council?
Are you waiting for news tonight as well?

1 day to go (or 17 hours if you're staying up)....aaaargh.....
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

No more sleeps. If you are trying at midnight!!!! :shock:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now