Anybody sitting the Colyton test in November 2011?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
roll on march

Re: Anybody sitting the Colyton test in November 2011?

Post by roll on march »

Thanks for your posts.
I am going to try and forget about it now untill March. We did the best we could. I miss working with DC on the practice papers! The progress he has made has been noticed by his teacher and he is loving all the well dones and high scores in tests just wish I had started much earlier.
tiredmumof2

Re: Anybody sitting the Colyton test in November 2011?

Post by tiredmumof2 »

Hi All

Good luck for 1st March - not long to go now. I remember waiting last year and how interminable it seemed at the time - but you're nearly there!

My undersatnding of the way the marking goes is that VR/Maths "passes" are the top 120 marks out of those who have taken it. Therefore, the mark will vary depending on the strength of the field.

In order to qualify for a place, the child needs to pass the English - but about 2/3 do (simply pass/fail).

Then, if both VR and maths are "passed" - you are in category A. For those who "pass" one exam and the English, the scores of both exams are combined and those ranked in order- category B.

Last year I was told that about 85 children "passed" the 2 papers and English, so about 35 places were left to those in category B who got the highest ranking scores. (But I don't know if that is right!)

Anyway, best of luck everyone and roll on March 1st.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now