Primary Heads - Do they already know 11+ results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hurryup

Re: Primary Heads - Do they already know 11+ results?

Post by hurryup »

My DD sat exam at DHSG in the first sitting. :D . This is her first choice school, with PHSG her second. Fingers crossed.
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

We went for PHSG as our only option. DD was also in frost sitting -which I'm so glad about! My nerves wouldn't have stood the wait till lunchtime lol
hurryup

Post by hurryup »

Mommasmaug,

Do you know how many girls sat exam at PHSG? It would be interesting to find out how many girls sat this year. I was told that approx 220 sat at DHSG. Don't know how true that info is though. Anyway I hope you get the result you want. It's going to be a long week.

Also back to purpose of this thread, my DD teacher seemed to think that the school would know results before us long suffering parents.
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

We were told about 160 at PHSG which is good news.
Still think heads know the results already. Read somewhere that secondary schools also know in advance? Wahhhhhhhh. The wait is killing me!! :lol:
nearly there

Post by nearly there »

I was wondering about this so I looked on the LEA website. For Devon LEA it says secondary schools (doesn't mention primary) are told who will be offered places at their schools by 24 Feb (see p.40).

http://www.devon.gov.uk/admissions-dete ... scheme.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For Plymouth I found this (see p.33)- again it looks like just secondaries are told, by 28 Feb (tomorrow!!)

http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/determined_a ... ements.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think its so that they can prepare welcome letters to arrive on 2 March.

Time is going so slowly at the moment.
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

Are you sure time isn't actually going backwards instead of forwards - certainly feels like it'!!!!! :shock: :lol:
Thanks for the info - interesting to know. And I'm sure primaries will also know. Not that it makes any difference as we won't know any sooner! :?