Torbay English paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Storm

Torbay English paper

Post by Storm »

Does anyone know roughly how many choices of essay question there usually is on the papers? And is there more fiction or non-fiction?
I'm hoping there's not too much choice as otherwise he'll spend 10 minutes trying to make his mind up! :lol:
Roots2success

Re: Torbay English paper

Post by Roots2success »

There will probably be three choices: one is likely to be a story type of question, one may be a letter and one could be something like an article for a school magazine.
Storm

Post by Storm »

Thank you! :D
Roots2success

Post by Roots2success »

Update to my last post. I attended an Open Day at Churston Grammar last term and we were told that there would be 2 or 3 choices and that there would not necessarily be a story option.

Good luck, the exams are not far off now then we will all be able to breathe a sigh of relief!
Roots2success

Post by Roots2success »

Bit late to do anything about it now, but there WAS a letter, there WAS an article for a magazine (travel magazine not school one) and there was no story option in the Torbay English Paper. The third option (as far as I can gather from my son) was a description of a time machine.
Devonian21

Post by Devonian21 »

Did you know that they use the same English Paper for those that were unable to sit the English test on the Saturday the 15th date. Therefore all the children who sit the exam on 1st and 2nd October get insight from your post and from tutors who have students that have already sat the test and have told them what the questions were! I was amazed when I found this out. I wonder if the number of children who are ill for the 'real' date has increased year on year?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now