PHS music workshop

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
plymouth36

PHS music workshop

Post by plymouth36 »

Yesterday my daughter attended the music workshop for all the new year 7 intake who will be attending PHS in September. She said that this was a fantastic day and now cannot wait to start in September. This is a brilliant idea to help settle the children in and to meet new friends that they will be going to school with.

She was particularly impressed with the vast menu on offer in the school canteen spending far more than I asked her to. (only 6 years worth of school dinner money to go!!!!! :oops:

Post by Guest »

I'm glad your daughter had a good time and feels confidant about starting school in september. My daughter is going to Devonport and they don't have their induction day untill July,although we did have a new starters evening a couple of weeks ago.

Has your daughter had her visit from the school yet? and have they been told which tutor group they are in?
plymouth36

Post by plymouth36 »

Hi guest,

The lady from PHS IS coming in to the primary school tomorrow to see my daughter. Is your daughter excited about starting with DHS? I think that now the sats have finished they seem to be on a bit of a lull at school.
Mad Mum

Post by Mad Mum »

Hi everyone, can I join in? I've been checking out the Devon section occasionally for months now and no new posts to read.

My daughter also attended the Music Day at PHSG and enjoyed in immensely. She too enjoyed a thoroughly unhealthy lunch! I was slightly alarmed whilst at the concert to see an icecream price list on wall! I guess Im going to have to get used to her eating what she likes sooner or later.

Im very impressed by the level of communication from PHSG so far, its rather exciting to be getting letters about this and that so often. In fact, I must admit to being more excited about her going there than I think she is. Although she too is getting really excited about it.

Plymouth36 did you attend the uniform shop at the school this week? Unfortunately I was busy so will go to the one in June on the Induction Day. Daughter is going on 28th June.
plymouth36

Post by plymouth36 »

Hi Mad Mum,

Yes I went to the uniform shop on Tuesday. The people working behind the stalls are extremely helpful and will work through the uniform list with you. The girls also had chance to try on sizes for the skirts and trousers. I was told that this is the first year that they are trialing the school blazer and trousers. My daughter has already decided that she wants to wear the skirt and jumper (although I am amazed at the length of the older girls skirts. I was told in one shop that they roll them up!)

The fleece has to be ordered in but they have sizes to try. They also had a little stall selling notepads, pencils, purses and mirror/comb sets all with Plymouth High School written on them which appeared very popular. I was told the uniform shop was also opening on a date in July as well as on the induction day.

We are unfortunately on holiday on both induction dates which is very disappointing for my daughter especially as she enjoyed the music day so much.
Mad Mum

Post by Mad Mum »

Great thanks for the info - I had been wondering why there was a trouser/jacket combo on the list as I hadn't seen anyone wearing it to date. Think daughter will stick to skirt as I can't see her wearing the jacket at all times.

I too have been alarmed at the skirt lengths (or should i say lack of..) I thought this might be policed a little more in school - or maybe Im just old fashioned!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now